✝️ The Peace of the Lord be with you.
I am pleased to announce that activities of Matsubara Church will resume from June 21 (Sunday), following the notification from Archbishop Kikuchi that arrived today.
Based on the basic policy presented by Archbishop Kikuchi and taking into account the situation of Matsubara Church, the following measures will be observed. They will be revised every time the Archbishop issues a new notice. We ask for your understanding and cooperation.
1. There will be three Sunday masses. Number of seats prepared: 47 in the chapel, 15 in the entrance hall, 15 in the 2nd floor hall (with monitor). Each Mass is scheduled for two districts of the parish. Please join the Mass of your district and refrain from attending mass in parishes you don’t belong to.
① 8:30 a.m. Mass: Districts A and B
② 10:00 a.m. Mass: Districts C and D
③ 11:30 a.m. Mass: Districts E and F
2. Church facilities, such as air-conditioning and ventilation, will be fully utilised. Your temperature will be taken and disinfectants will be made available at the entrance.
3. A brief explanation will be made before each mass. Mass time is 30 minutes. Please do not come more than 30 minutes before the start of mass and please leave promptly after the mass.
4. Be sure to wear a mask.
5. The Archbishop emphasizes this restriction: “Legally, elderly refers to those aged from 65. At this stage of resumption, I ask especially those aged 75 and older that you please pray at home, even if you do not have any chronic illness.”
6. All the above measures will be observed for the Saturday 7:00 p.m. Mass and for the Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Saturday 7:00 a.m. Mass and Friday 10:00 a.m. Mass.
In this notice, by “resumption of activities” I refer only to “resumption of public masses”. I will inform groups like Sunday School and bible study groups on when they may resume their activities after consulting with their respective leaders.
I look forward to meeting you again.
Fr. Edgar Gacutan
Parish Priest – Matsubara Catholic Church